Internship Program Guidelines
Goldbelt, Incorporated will administer the Intern Program each year. Upon successful completion of the program, interns are eligible to receive a bonus of up to $500 depending on the length and internship review.
Goldbelt’s internship program is designed to provide interns with jobsite experience during scheduled time off from academic programs and/or vocational training. Experience as an intern will provide you with first hand knowledge of Goldbelt’s business activities throughout various industries; from administrative services, to tourism business operations, to government contracting.
Goldbelt recognizes that an intern experience can be a valuable stepping stone to gaining professional experience and increasing employment opportunities. Therefore, shareholders at all stages of higher education are encouraged to apply. The Goldbelt Internship Program provides current shareholders and descendents with meaningful work experience and an opportunity to explore career options, and will used to promote shareholder hire.
Those who may apply:
- Voting Goldbelt shareholders and their lineal descendents as defined by the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA) of 1971, including legally adopted children are eligible to apply to the intern program.
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time in a degree or vocational training program; freshman and sophomore level students may be considered, and are encouraged to apply.
- Must have at a minimum a 2.0 GPA
Goldbelt’s Internship Program may involve positions in the following fields/departments within its numerous business entities: accounting, human resources, information technology, business development, tourism, lands, and other areas related to government contracting.
A complete application packet will include the following items:
- Completed Intern Application;
- Most recent official college transcript. Students may submit an unofficial (copy) transcript; however, an official transcript is required at the beginning of the intern program. An internship start date may be delayed if an intern fails to submit an official transcript;
- Statement of Interest and resume. Include in your letter your preferred field of work, location, and any additional information you wish to share including capabilities, interests, achievements, student clubs/organization involvement, or highlight your career goals and educational pursuits;
- Proof of eligibility: i) if applicant is a Goldbelt shareholder, s/he must provide their shareholder identification number; ii) if applicant is a descendent of a shareholder, provide the shareholder’s identification number; if the applicant does not know the shareholder identification number, the applicant may include a copy of the shareholder’s birth certificate;
Duration, Compensation, and Benefits
Interns are expected to work full-time (40 hours per week) over an eight (8) to 16 week period during the summer months.
Goldbelt may offer semester-based, or year-long, internship opportunities dependent on business interest and student availability. A year-long internship may be offered to recent college graduates to improve our success rate in hiring shareholders into vacant positions.
For a summer or semester-based internship, the internship duration and specific dates an intern works will be determined on a case-by-case basis to accommodate the intern’s academic calendar, but will generally not exceed 16 weeks. If interested in an extended internship ship opportunity, please reference in your cover letter; may be afforded opportunity if there is business interest.
A competitive intern wage is offered, along with a possible housing stipend and transportation to/from college and place of internship. Graduate students may be offered higher hourly earnings depending on field of study and experience.
Following are the internship opportunities available for Summer 2015 (you may click on each link to download the intern position description):
- Accounting Intern – Corporate Headquarters (Juneau, AK)
- Accounting Intern – Goldbelt, Inc. (Herndon, VA)
- Business Development Intern – Goldbelt C6 (Chesapeake, VA)
- Business Development Intern – Goldbelt Falcon (Cheasapeake, VA)
- Business Development Intern – Glacier Health Services (Alexandria, VA)
- Construction Service Intern – Facility Support Services (Gibsonia, PA)
- Corporate Communications Intern – Corporate Headquarters (Juneau, AK)
- Guest Services Marketing Intern – Mount Roberts Tramway (Juneau, AK)
- Human Resources Intern – Corporate Headquarters (Juneau, AK)
- Human Resources Intern – Goldbelt, Inc. (Herndon, VA)
- Information Technology Intern – Goldbelt Hawk (Alexandria, VA)
- Security Intern – Goldbelt Security (Juneau, AK)
- Tlingit Language and Culture Intern – Goldbelt Heritage Foundation (Juneau, AK)
Click here to download the 2015 Summer Internship Application.
Contact Information & Application Submittal
Students interested in an internship may contact Human Resources at (907-790-1433 or 790-1426). You may scan or email to email@example.com.